Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long Way...In?


Normally, I take Interstate 71 south into Louisville to work. The weather's been so fantastic this week that I decided to see just how long the commute would take if I stuck to back roads. The humidity in the nothern Kentucky region has been stable around 39%, which is absolutely unheard of for this time of year. On I-71, the commute takes just over 35 minutes, but it's a mere exercise in survival. The commute via my favorite country roads took nearly an hour and a half. Though it consumed more time, the rural route payed in highter dividends for the spirit. Part of my route included a brief stop on Wolf Pen Branch Road in western Henry County to add the liner to my jacket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some back road commuting. My 27 mile ride to work is usually stretched to closer to 50 miles on the way home many days.

It's therapy, pure and simple. Well deserved and much needed.

:)

irondad said...

I see you took the plunge to blog. Cool! Thank you for the blog link. Be glad to return the favor since it seems you're riding to work.

Unknown said...

Sounds like quite a time difference, but it also sounds like it may be worth it.